As the winter season is coming so take good care of your skin care during winter. The winter months sets in, the weather turns colder, windier and drier, your skin will need some extra help and protection from the environment. Sometimes the weather may change rapidly and you need to be prepared. Otherwise the skin on different parts of your body such as your hands, your face and your lips will begin to become dry, chapped and crusty. Everyone whether it is men or women all are very conscious about their beauty, skin, health etc. When the temperatures change, a change in your skin care routine is necessary. So here we are going to give you few tips to adjust your skin in winter.
Tips to take care of your skin during the winter:-
- Eat Wisely: Hygiene is a very important factor to take care of during winter. The first thing which we do is to take foods which are rich in vitamins and proteins to protect the skin from drying. Vitamin A, B, C and E are necessary for skin care in winter, take fruits, nuts and raw vegetables fulfill the requirements of these vitamins for the body.
- Drink lot: With the onset of winter season our liquid intake is reduced, it’s not good for skin vitality. Take lot of water to keep the skin cells full and plump. The hydrated skin gives you the youthful appearance and you will maintain the skin luster with water intake.
- Avoid sun rays: When you are shivering with cold the sunshine feels you great blessing of nature but it has also has some negative effects on skin, it makes the skin thin, form premature wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Before going to sunshine use the sunscreens with SP 15 and herbal based sun screen lotions before going under sun rays.
- Limit the use of hot water: In winter it is a soothing way to take bath with hot showers. Long hot shower baths take away the moisture of the skin and the upper epidermis looses its vitality and become dry. Avoid such hot long showers to save the moisture contents of the skin.
- Steam your face: Steaming is the way to unclose the closed pores of the skin. In winter the pores of the skin get closed due to less secretion of sebum and these pores create dryness and infection of the skin, so steam once in a week to unclog the clogged pores of the skin.
- Lips are very soon affected by cold weather, take good care of them to leave them soft and moist. Avoid your lips from getting chapped by making use of a lip balm. A lip balm can prevent your lips from getting dried out. It should act as a good moisturizer for your lips, protecting it from changes in climate or the environment around you. You can choose a lip balm that is rich in vitamin E.
- Winter also brings in cracks on hands and feet. The skin on your fingers also starts to crack and itch. This condition worsens if you do a lot of housework that leads to constant touch with water and other chemicals. One remedy is to pat your hands dry soon after contact with water. Keep using a good hand cream continuously.
- For oily skin: Oily skin require special care as every time to have to hold a tissue in your hands and removing extra oils from your face, here are the home remedies that you can use for oily skin. Take 2-3 almonds, grind it and mix it with 1 spoon of honey then massage your face with this the paste for 10- 15 minutes and then wash with cold water. This will help to remove extra oil from your skin and your skin will glow and become soft. Every morning, massage your face with a good nourishing cream.
- For Dry skin: Dryskin becomes very bad in winter, dry skin and have a lots of problem during the time of winter such as cracks on the skin, feeling skin dryness every time even after applying good cream. So some home remedies for dry skin. Mash half a ripe banana, add a teaspoon of honey and make a paste then apply it on your face. Once it dries, wash with cold water and pat dry. Take two table spoon of unboiled milk, apply it on your face and after dries, wash face with cold water, it will give moisture to your skin.
- For Normal skin: These are the best home remedies that you can found in your home only for your skin care. Take some drops of Orange or Tomato juice, mix it with curd and apply on your face.It will give you glowy skin. Whenever eating an apple, do not discard the skin. Use it as a skin cleanser.