Teacher’s Day in India is celebrated on September 5, every year. Indian Teachers Day is dedicated to our former Indian President Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. It marks the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
The birthday of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakhrishnan came to be celebrated as Teacher’s Day when, one day, some of his students and friends requested him to allow them to celebrate his birthday. In reply, Dr.Radhakrishnan said, "instead of celebrating my birthday separately, it would be my proud privilege, if September 5 is observed as Teachers’ day". The request showed Dr.Radhakrishnan’s love for the teaching profession. From then onwards, the day has been observed as Teachers’ Day in India. From then since 1962, India has been celebrating Teacher’s Day on 5th September.
Famous Teacher Day Quotes & Saying:
- "The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-distrust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciple." – Amos Bronson Alcott
- "Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions." – Anonymous
- "Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well." – Aristotle
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher." -Japanese proverb
- A good teacher, like a good entertainer first must hold his audience’s attention, then he can teach his lesson.
~ John Henrik Clarke
- The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~William Arthur Ward
Teachers Day a day on which we try to pay some of gratitude towards our Teachers. Teachers are compared to the God who enlighten our paths so that we can travel our whole life through ideologies provided by them to us…..