Government of Maharashtra, India introduced a new website Mahavat (mvat), Department of sales tax maharashtra. This website is an official website for filing of returns as per the periodicity for the year 2010-10.
Now People can file their VAT & CST return for the FY 2010-11 online through the official website of Department of Sales and Tax, Maharashtra.
Frequency & periodicity for the returns to be filed for FY 2010-11 is now also available under the Know Your TIN facility.
For getting your TIN just use the link http://www.mahavat.gov.in./Mahavat/index.jsp
The state general sales and use tax is levied on the following transactions:The sale of tangible personal property at retail in Louisiana;
The use, consumption, distribution, or storage for use or consumption in Louisiana of any tangible personal property;
- The lease or rental within Louisiana of any item or article of tangible personal property; and,
- The sale of services as defined in the statutes under R.S. 47:301(14), which include the following:
- the furnishing of rooms by hotels;
- the sale of admissions to places of amusement and to athletic and recreational events,
- the furnishing of privileges of access to amusement, entertainment, athletic, or recreational facilities;
- the furnishing of storage or parking privileges by auto hotels and parking lots;
- the furnishing of printing and overprinting;
- the furnishing of laundry, cleaning, pressing, and dyeing services;
- the furnishing of cold-storage space and the preparation of property for such storage;
- the furnishing of repairs to tangible personal property; and
- the furnishing of telecommunications services.
You can fill the tax returns on www.mahavat.gov.in.