The Research Design & Standards Organisation (RDSO) and Rail Coach Factory (RCF) of the Indian Railways has launched the India’s first Double Decker & A.C Train. The train consist of 8 coaches & it will run between Howrah and Dhanbad.
FEATURES OF DOUBLE DECKER TRAIN:
- high speed Y-Frame bogies with air springs suspension for superior ride
- Face to face chairs format
- For safety, fire retardant upholstery has been used in chairs.
- Each coach can accommodate 128 passengers up from 78 passengers per coach in Shatabdi.
- Double trecker train is capable of running at a speed of 160kph
“It is the latest design, which is made of stainless steel. Its coaches are fit to run up to the speed of 180 kilometer per hour. It is incorporated with all kinds of safety features. It is a design, which will have least impact on the passengers in case of an accident.” said Pradeep Kumar, General Manager of Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala