Formula 1 Race was held on Sunday, 30 October 2011 at the Buddh International Circuit. Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel has won the inaugural Formula One Indian Grand Prix . He led from start to finish, building a cushion throughout to finish 8.4 seconds ahead of McLaren’s Jenson Button, with Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso a distant third. Vettel won his second World Championship at the 2011 Japanese Grand Prix, becoming the youngest driver – at 24 years and 98 days
Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix Trophy has been designed British Silversmith Richard Fox. The design of the 2011 Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix Trophy represents various elements abstracted from iconic references to India. The trophy is finished in highly polished 24 ct gold and silver plate. The trophy represents the domes of the Hindu temples and the Taj Mahal with eleven repetitive elements, (as 11 signifying the auspiciousness & importance of the number in Indian culture). The cup is supported upon a gear or cog like form which has been created by computer technology.
Formula 1 Indian Grand Prix Result :
- Sebastian Vettel (GER) Red Bull RB7
- Jenson Button (GBR) McLaren MP4-26
- Fernando Alonso (ESP) Ferrari F150th
- Mark Webber (AUS) Red Bull RB7
- Michael Schumacher (GER) Mercedes-Benz MGP W02
- Nico Rosberg (GER) Mercedes-Benz MGP W02
- Lewis Hamilton (GBR) McLaren MP4-26
- Jaime Alguersuari (ESP) Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari
- Adrian Sutil (GER) Force India VJM04
- Sergio Perez (MEX) Sauber C30 Ferrari
Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel has 11 wins this season, and victories in the final two races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi would equal Schumacher’s record of 13 wins. Vettel turned in a flawless performance, leading every lap and registering the fastest lap. Force India driver Adrian Sutil was ninth and Sauber’s Sergio Perez took the final point for 10th after starting 20th on the grid.