Dry scalp gives rise to a number of hair problems like Dandruff, hair loss, itching scalp, dull hair and split ends.
The main reasons if we look for Dry scalp can be summed up as:
- Variations in weather
- Too frequent use of shampoo
- Choosing a inappropriate hair product, that can dry your scalp and can make your hair dull
- Dietary deficiencies like insufficient intake of vitamin B12 & B6
- Eczema, these include dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding
So it becomes really very necessary to take care of your scalp to get rid of all these hair problems and get healthy and beautiful hair.
- Here are few remedies that can help you, prevent dry scalp and problems related to that:
- MASSAGE: Massage, is one of the most popular remedy for hair problems. It not only produces natural oils in your scalp, that are lost due to exposure to pollution but also effectively helps in blood circulation to your scalp. It is the most popular home remedy that our elders always tell us to do, to get beautiful, strong hair. A Luke warm oil massage is considered best for scalp and hair nourishment
- SHAMPOO: make sure you use a gentle, mild shampoo for your hair. A harsh shampoo can leads to dry scalp, dandruff, split ends and dull hair. Make sure not to use shampoo too frequently. You can also use a good conditioner to protect your hair and condition them.
- INTAKE OF VITAMIN B: not taking sufficient vitamins in your dietary routine also leads to dry scalp, as vitamin B12 and B6 are important for healthy hair and scalp. To make sure that you intake sufficient vitamins try to Boost your intake through fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain breads and cereals and, if necessary, through supplements such as flax seed oil, zinc, and selenium.
- DRINK WATER: Hydrate your skin from the inside, by drinking ample amount of water to keep your skin and scalp naturally moisturized.
- HONEY AND MILK –Take half cup of vitamin D milk and blend it with one-fourth a cup of honey. Massage this mixture on your scalp and let it stand for at least 2 hours and then rinse with water, this will make your scalp moisturized and your hair smooth and silky.