Our food habits affects not only our health but also our outlook/appearence. Curd is one of them. Curd contains more quantity of calcium than Milk. Curd also contains various important elements like Protein, Lactose, Iron, Phosphorus etc which are essential in our daily diet.
Other important benfits and uses of Curd includes:
- Applying curd on your face, makes your skin glowing and soft. A massage on your face with curd acts as bleach that helps you get fairer skin.
- Curd is used as a conditioner for hair. Massaging hair with curd makes then soft and also eliminates scalp problem.
- In case of sunburn, Curd acts as a great reliever.
- In take of Curd in our daily diet helps in digestion and also makes immune system stronger.
- For the patients of High Blood Pressure, curd has a medicinal value. But as per Ayurveda, one should not consume curd at night.
- Dandruff is a common problem with everyone, a paste of curd and few drops of lemon helps you to get rid of it, leaving behind dandruff free scalp and smooth hair.
- Curd turns out very beneficial in case of vomiting and nausea.
- Curd is used to cure heart ailments, and also helps in preventing and delaying degeneration of body, purifying blood andkeeping digestive system healthy.
- To get moisturized and fairer skin: mix 3/4 c. plain curd, 1/2 peach, 1/2 cucumber and 1 carrot and blend them. Feed your face with this mixture and wash out after 10 minutes.
- Mix rose water with turmeric in the curd. Apply this paste on body or face and massage gently for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and get soft and white skin.
- Curd acts as an anti-ageing remedy and also helps in reducing blemishes.
- Those who are very skinny and wants to gain weight mix Curds with sugar or curds mixed with jaggery.It also acts as thrust reliever.
- In jaundice, curd or buttermilk sweetened with honey, makes an ideal diet.
- Intake of curd or yogurt increases the body capacity to absorb the nutrients and minerals form other food stuffs which are essential for our daily diet.
- Curd helps to get strong bones and teeth as its calcium content is higher than that of Milk.
- Mix curd with honey and egg white and apply the paste on your face and skin. This will help in protecting the skin from dehydrating and removes blemishes.