The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India along with Central Board Of Secondary Education has announced the dates for the All Indian Pre-Medical/ Pre-Dental (AIPMT) entrance examinations on Tuesday. The preliminary exams will be held on April 1, 2012 (Sunday), while the final examination will be conducted on May 13, 2012 (Sunday). AIPMT entrance examination is being charged exclusively for the 15% merit positions for the Medical /Dental Colleges of India as specified in the directive of the court and will be governed by the rules and regulations specified for the same by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare from time to time.
How to apply the online application form:-
- The schedule for submission of online application forms is without late fee starts from December 26, 2011.
- It will continue till January 25, 2012 but with late fee of Rs 500.
- Beyond February 8, 2012 by paying a late fee of Rs 1,000.
- Submission of online application forms with late fee of Rs 1,000 end on February 24, 2012.
- The last date of receipt confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted with late fee of Rs1,000 is March 2, 2012.
- Once the online application submission is done, candidates are supposed to send the confirmation page to the CBSE for the completion of the registration process.
- Instructions for submitting online application, payment of fee and computer generated printout to be sent to CBSE are available on the website.
- The last date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted without late fee is February 2, 2012.
Conditions to apply:-
- Applicants must complete the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31 of the year of his/her admission to the first year MBBS/ BDS course and is an Indian national.
- The upper age limit for the AIPMT exam is 25 years as on December 31 of the year of the entrance examination. Upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of five years for the candidates of scheduled castes/ scheduled tribes/ other backward classes.
- General category applicants must have passed in the subjects of physics, chemistry, biology/ biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in physics, chemistry and biology/ biotechnology at the qualifying examination.
- Those who are appearing class XII board examinations in 2012 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- The Preliminary Examination is consist of one paper containing 200 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
- The duration of paper would be 3 hours and is scheduled to be held on 1st April, 2012 (Sunday).
Final (Main) Examination(Only for those who qualify in the Preliminary Examination):-
- The Final Examination is consist of one paper containing 120 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
- The duration of paper would be 3 hours and is scheduled to be held on 13th May, 2012 (Sunday).