India vs Sri Lanka fifth and final ODI of the series to be played at the Pallekele International Stadium, Kandy on Sat, 04 Aug 2012. Sri Lankan will be eager to prevent India from finishing the series 4-1, and would be hoping for a better all-round show going into the final ODI. India took an unassailable 3-1 lead after winning the fourth One-Dayer by six wickets in their last outing and Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s men will now aim to end the series on a high.
- India – played – 0, won – 0, lost – 0, tied – 0, no result – 0
- Sri Lanka – played – 4, won – 2, lost – 2, tied – 0, no result – 0
- Highest total in an innings: Sri Lanka 327/6 in 50.0 overs v Zimbabwe – March 10, 2011
- Lowest total in an innings: Zimbabwe 188 in 39.0 overs v Sri Lanka – March 10, 2011
- Best individual score in an innings: Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka) – 144 v Zimbabwe – March 10, 2011
- Best bowling figures in an innings: Mitchell Johnson (Australia) – 10.0-1-31-6 v Sri Lanka – August 10, 2011
MS Dhoni(w/c), Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Gautam Gambhir, Zaheer Khan, Pragyan Ojha, Irfan Pathan, Virender Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Rahul Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Manoj Tiwary.
Umesh Yadav could be brought back into the side. A similar case could be made for Pragyan Ojha or Rahul Sharma ahead of the already established R Ashwin.
Sri Lanka (From):
Mahela Jayawardene(c), Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal(w), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Rangana Herath, Chamara Kapugedera, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Jeevan Mendis, Thisara Perera, Sachithra Senanayake, Upul Tharanga, Lahiru Thirimanne, Isuru Udana, Nuwan Pradeep.
Sri Lanka never bargained to be 1-3 down with just one to play in the One-Day series and Mahela Jayawardene’s men will hope to salvage some pride by making it 2-3 rather than facing the 1-4 ignominy.